Sunshine Run

Sunshine Run

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

To Blog, or To Run

~~~Not your typical blog...these are my thoughts in the moment after my run...and that.is.all.~~~


Haven't run in 3 weeks. I'm totally in a funk and ache and hurt. Getting out of bed is a pain, much less getting up to go run.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!? What have I been afflicted with? Are there signs of a worse thing? 


NONONO! What is wrong is that I'm sad. With hubby halfway across the continent for weeks on end, I'm friggin sad. Is that so wrong? 


NONONO!! What is wrong is that I'm letting it get to me. THAT! is what is wrong with this picture.


As I drown my sorrow in homemade lasagna that hubby made last time he was here... I vow, once again, to run at least 2 miles per day. I'm 87.79 miles behind for my goal for the year and with  257 days left in the year, I must add .34 each day to reach the 782.


I WILL get out of bed in the morning. I WILL run. I WILL probably throw up and I MIGHT pass out, but I can guarantee I will look at myself in a different light when I take a shower. (mostly because it'll still be dark outside :)
 Real glad I had this blog with myself.


** Running is the greatest metaphor for life because you get out of it what you put into it** Oprah


No comments:

Post a Comment