Sunshine Run

Sunshine Run

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Running for Fun :)

~~~Not your typical blog...these are my thoughts in the moment after my run...and that.is.all.~~~

I remember the day I wanted to actually be in a race. It was in Feb 09. I had been cruising on the treadmill...sometimes 5 MILES! And just knew I needed to see how good I was...had gotten...i mean, COULD be. So i signed up for the Mayday 5k...i'm wearing my shirt RIGHT now!
And so here I am, finding that I ran a better time in my very first race than in any race I've done and I've got issues with that. I want to BEEEE a runner, not say I'm one for conversation. I talk about it all the time, think about it, time to just do it...NO INJURIES! is the motto of my creed!
I once accidentally ran 11.43 miles because I got lost (not the first time :) and I was ok with it. Yeah, I wanted to know where I was going, of course, but I wasn't falling to the floor, can't take it anymore tired. I kept jogging the whole way. (asking directions doesn't count)
And now that I see this time I have as my PR---and my FIRST RACE, i have some work to do...I am more motivated now than ever!



1463124
Ali Lambert
F345130:4309:53













No comments:

Post a Comment